We are a leading diversified and innovative law firm providing legal representation to the insurance, business and financial communities. Since 1969, clients of the firm have entrusted it for addressing their legal needs. It is our primary objective to counsel our clients in a timely, successful and cost-effective manner.
Our practice is concentrated on representing clients which are part of the world of insurance. Our knowledge of the insurance business added to years of legal counseling enables the firm’s attorneys to provide exceptional advice regarding the complex legal and liability exposure issues which must be addressed.
We handle liability coverage for directors and officers, employment practices, ERISA, and professionals liability, as well as environmental/mass tort claims. We monitor claims for many of our insurer clients, for example when insurers seek experienced monitoring counsel when insured directors and officers have been sued. We represent clients in policy coverage disputes which require litigation skills after negotiations have failed. Our firm defends directors and officers, lawyers, accountants, engineers, brokers, and other professional individuals against malpractice and other claims. A key goal of our litigation/defense practice is to resolve each case without trial (where possible) which means considerable cost and time savings to our clients.
Our firm’s attorneys handle all aspects of mediation and arbitration, both internationally and domestically, particularly in general commercial, financial, insurance, reinsurance, construction, environmental and toxic tort matters. Our lawyers are well known to professional mediators and arbitrators and are constantly involved in claims against our clients’ insureds as well as insurance coverage disputes.
We have been a recognized leader in the innovative drafting and revision of professional liability insurance policies of all types, and this skill has proved invaluable for analyzing the coverage issues arising daily in the insurance business. Additionally, the firm’s practice covers advising clients on matters pertaining to reinsurance, fidelity work and insurance regulation and compliance.
In addition to our insurance expertise, we have a long history of advising clients in many kinds of business and commercial matters such as complex banking and corporate issues, financial transactions, formation of start-up entities, product liability, and litigation including appeals. Many of our clients have had disputes successfully resolved by us in the areas of construction and labor law, and maritime law.
- Accountants Professional Liability
- Accountants Professional Liability Defense
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Architects, Engineers and Construction Managers Professional Liability
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Construction and Labor Law
- Construction Defects
- Corporate, Banking and Finance
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Environmental Coverage and Litigation
- Fidelity and Surety
- Fiduciary, ERISA and Employee Benefit Liability
- Financial Institution Professional Liability
- General Liability and Casualty Defense
- Insurance Auditing Services
- Insurance Bankruptcy Practice
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation
- Insurance Policy Drafting
- Insurance Professional Liability
- Insurance Regulation and Compliance
- Lawyers Professional Liability
- Lawyers Professional Liability Defense
- Maritime Law
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability
- Miscellaneous Professional Liability Defense
- Product Liability
- Toxic Tort Coverage and Litigation